Most Poisonous Plant That You Need To Stay Away From!

A Facebook post claims that an indoor plant that is commonly kept in homes and offices is so poisonous that it can kill a child in less than a minute and an adult in 15 minutes.

The message, which comes with a photograph of the "killer plant", also warns that touching the plant and then rubbing your eyes can cause permanent blindness.

The plant shown in the below photograph that comes with this warning post is a 'dieffenbachia' or commonly known as Dumb cane, a very popular indoor pot plant.

If the leaves are ingested by humans or animals, poisoning can indeed occur.

Poisonous ingredients include:

- Oxalic acid
- Asparagine, a protein found in this plant

Symptoms:

- Burning in mouth or throat
- Damage to cornea of the eye
-Diarrhea
- Eye pain
- Hoarse voice
- Nausea or vomiting
- Swelling in mouth or tongue

Once ingested, immediately wipe out the mouth with a cold, wet cloth. Rinse your eyes and skin well if they touched the plant. Give milk to drink to neutralize the poison before calling for help.

Before Calling Emergency

Determine the following information:

- The patient's age, weight, and condition
- The parts of the plant that were eaten
- The time swallowed
- The amount swallowed